BMP Screen Capture
To send a BMP screen capture to a PC:
You can send a screen capture of the oscilloscope to your PC using hyperterminal. All oscilloscope bitmaps in this manual where generated using this method.
- Open HyperTerminal.
- Enter a name for a new connection (example: scope).
- Enter the COM port where the device is connected.
- Select 115200 bits per second, 8 data bits, Parity None, 1 Stop bit, Flow control None
- In the Transfer menu, select Receive File.
- Enter a folder where to save the file and use the XMODEM protocol.
- Enter a file name with a BMP extension and press OK
To send a BMP screen capture to Linux:
Matt Pritty has shared a script for capturing the BMP file:
To use, make the script executable with “chmod +x capture.sh”. Then enter “./capture.sh” into a terminal followed by the serial device for example “./capture.sh /dev/ttyUSB0”.
Then enter a name for the bmp image including the .bmp file extension.