Xprotolab or Xminilab not working? Check out these tips
1) The unit does not power up
If using the USB connector to power, try applying 5V directly instead with another power supply.
2) The unit powers up but the MSO is not working
Try restoring the default settings: Press K4 during power up, then select "Restore"
3) The screen turns off after a certain amount of time
This is the screen saver in action. The screen saver time can be changed in factory options, to disable this feature, set a time equal to 0.
There might be shorted pins on the microcontroller. Check for debris or solder bridges. Using a solder wick on the pins will help.
5) When powering up, the splash screen stays for a very long time (more than 4 seconds)
The crystal is defective or the traces on the crystal are shorted.
6) It still isn't working!
If you have a multimeter and want to try to fix yourself, check the following voltages. If any of the voltages are wrong, there might be a defective part.
- Voltage at +5V should be between +4.75 and +5.25V
- Voltage at -5V should be between -4.75 and -5.25V
- Voltage at +3.3V should be between +3.2 and +3.4V
- Voltage at pin 8 of U3 should be between +2.00 and +2.09V
TIP: If the unit is powered with more than 5.5V, the negative voltage generator would be the first component to get damaged.