Some frequently asked questions about the XMultiKit.1) What tools do I need to develop my own programs on the XMultiKit?
- Integrated Development Environment: Atmel Studio 6
- C Compiler, included in the WinAVR package: WinAVR at sourceforge
2) Can the waveform generator and the oscilloscope run simultaneously?
Yes, once the waveform generator is set, it runs on the background (The AWG uses the DMA, so it doesn't need any CPU intervention). Any of the other application can run simultaneously.
3) How do I power the XMultiKit?
To power the XMultiKit you will need a 6V, 200mA wall adapter such as: EPS060100-P5RP
4) What is the maximum frequency that I can measure with the XMultiKit?
You will be able to see decent waveforms up to 2MHz. However, you can still measure frequencies up to almost Nyquist/2, i.e. 8MHz. The FFT analysis will be particularly useful to measure high frequencies.
5) The source code says "evaluation version", can I get the full version?
The full source code will be provided upon request only to customers who have bought the XMultiKit, or can be purchased separately. The evaluation source code does not contain the MSO application. The HEX file does contain the full version of the oscilloscope.
6) What is the current consumption of the XMultiKit?
7) The LCD is blank, what may have happened?
Adjust the contrast potentiometer. The contrast is adjusted during assembly and doesn't need to be changed.
8) There is a new firmware for the XMultiKit, how do I update?
Follow these instructions..