MultiKitB FAQSome frequently asked questions about the MultiKitB.
1) What tools do I need to develop my own programs on the MultiKitB?
Besides the power supply, no additional hardware is needed, you don't need an external programmer. The MultiKitB has a bootloader that allows programming thru the serial port. If you prefer using an external programmer, you must use an ISP programmer, such as: AVR ISP 2 or the AVR Dragon.
- Integrated Development Environment: Atmel Studio 6
- C Compiler, included in the WinAVR package: WinAVR at sourceforge
2) How do I power the MultiKitB?
To power the MultiKit you will need a 6V or 9V, 100mA, center positive wall adapter such as:
EPS060100-P5RP or EPS090066-P5RP
If you are going to use the backlight on the MultiKitB, the 6V wall adapter is recommended.
3) What is the maximum frequency that I can measure with the MultiKitB?
You will be able to see decent waveforms up to 400KHz. However, you can still measure frequencies up to almost Nyquist/2, i.e. 1.6MHz. The FFT analysis will be particularly useful to measure high frequencies.
4) The source code says "evaluation version", can I get the full version?
The full source code will be provided to customers who buy the MultiKitB, or can be purchased separately. The evaluation source code contains over 90% of the full code, it will give you a pretty good understanding of the oscilloscope and other applications. The HEX file does contain the full version of the oscilloscope.
5) What is the difference between the MultiKit and the MultiKitB?
- The accelerometers are not present in the MultiKitB
- The MultiKitB has 2 rotary encoders.
- The MultiKitB uses mostly SMD parts.
- The MultiKitB controls the buzzer with only one pin (multi tone is not possible anymore)
- The Oscilloscope in the MultiKitB is improved: lower trigger jitter, higher refresh rate, use of the rotary encoders to improve the user interface.
6) What is the current consumption of the MultiKitB?
With the oscilloscope running and no backlight, it is around 80mA.
7) The LCD is blank, what may have happened?
Adjust the contrast potentiometer. The contrast is adjusted during assembly and doesn't need to be changed.
8) How does the MultiKitB compare to other digital oscilloscopes?
You can check this comparison table.